Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Up date on round table and chairs...

Spoke with Terry in Redmond about the tables and chair find on the Marketplace.  Based on his opinion (he is an antique appraiser) he feels this is an original table and chairs; dating back to early 1900's.  Likely 1920 to 1930's.  I knew it was older than 1980's!  I am going to sand it down and restain it to it's original.  Regarding the chairs, I think I'll throw them up on the marketplace for cheap and see what happens.  Terry even said that the chairs are difficult to restore and would likely not be worth the effort.  They are in pretty bad shape.  I am stoked about this project and can only picture many families sitting around this table for many years.  I find it kind of sad when a piece gets lost though.

Terry did say that these tables are very difficult to find.   The value is not what I expected $100 - $150.  I paid $30 for the set so I'm ahead of the game already.
Very difficult to find, Terry said



No comments:

Post a Comment